It’s only recently that I’ve felt that I’ve actually been getting somewhere with my blog, despite how I’ve been writing on ‘Pinkjumpers’ for nearly two years now. You can imagine my surprise, but also happiness, to find out that fellow blogger http://www.impossibletodate.wordpress.com nominated this site (yes, this one you’re reading right now!) for the Liebster award. I am tremendously grateful to her for this, and recommend giving her a view or two!
The rules for the Liebster are to thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 question they have asked you before nominating 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. So here goes!
1. Why did you start blogging?
The idea of a complete stranger reading something that I’d written (me! That weirdo all the way out in rural England!) totally enraptured me. And hey, it still does!
2. If you could be a superhero who would you be and why?
‘Astute Anna’, as then I’d be really intelligent and I may have gotten a better grade in chemistry. Although thinking about it, it would take a heck of a lot more than superpowers before I became good at chemistry!
3. Where would you rather be right this second?
Living inside a novel. Preferably ‘Anne of Green Gables’ as opposed to one of Stephen King’s horrors but hey, can’t be too picky when it comes to fictional realities!
4. Favorite Food?
Cranberry juice. I’d live off it if I could.
5. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?
I would be an actor, preferably playing these particular parts; Anne Shirley (from Anne of Green Gables), Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice) and Tess (Tess of the d’Urbervilles’).
6. If you had the ability to fix or cure one thing in the world, what would it be?
I would cure ‘Bob-Dylan-ophobia’, as I believe that it would be the start of a beautiful chain reaction.
7. Did you have a childhood toy or doll? What was it?
My yellow Gameboy colour!
8. Are you afraid of the dark?
With a face like mine, darkness is practically my best friend!
9. What inspires you?
The kindness of strangers.
10. Most amazing thing you have done in life?
It’s a close call between trekking in Iceland and surviving an epic scooter-based face plant.
11. If you could meet anyone who would it be?
This is probably unsurprising since I think I’ve referred to this at least three times already but I would meet Lucy Maud Montgomery i.e. the author of my favourite novel, ‘Anne of Green Gables.’
In order to carry on this cycle of nominations and awards it is now my turn to choose my favourite bloggers, and here you are!
And these are the 11 questions that I’m proposing to you;
1. What advice would you give to any aspiring blogger?
2. What happened on the best day of your life?
3. (Inspired by my very own hug-list!) If you could hug anyone, who would you choose?
4. Are you a morning or a night person?
5. If you became the ruler of the world, what would you do first?
6. What is the most impulsive/spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
7. If you had to chance to meet a single character in history, who would you choose and why?
8. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
9. What is your most prized possession?
10. If you could only listen to a single song for the rest of your life, which song would you choose?
11. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Hope you all get the chance to answer these and nominate your own favourite bloggers! 🙂